lower mesa falls - outside ashton, id

Monday, July 13, 2015

Lower Mesa FallsLower Mesa FallsLower Mesa FallsLower Mesa FallsLower Mesa Falls Lower Mesa Falls Lower Mesa Falls
Lower Mesa Falls  

THE INFO: You may have seen my post a few months back about the very beautiful and breathtaking Upper Mesa Falls. Like I mentioned in that post this is one of the most breathtaking sites in eastern Idaho. I have normally spent most of my time driving right past the lower falls lookout and driving straight towards the upper falls. However this time we decided to just go and see the lower falls and it was well worth it. The place is covered in rich evergreen and pine trees and they seem to go on forever. The view and the hiking trails that surround this area provide hours of outdoor enjoyment. 

WHAT TO DO: Like I mentioned in my last post about the falls, my favorite time to go a few hours before sunset, most of the tourist have diminished and you have the whole place to yourself and your group. It is so much more quiet in those moments and that just adds so much to the whole scenery. I always bring my camera and take some really beautiful shots of my friends with the trees and I recommend that everyone grabs a photo like that while they are here in the northwest. Bring blankets and snacks and hike down towards the river (this hike can be found at the first pull off with a bathroom), the first hike it a little hidden through really high brush but once you make it through that you will have a straight shot down into the canyon with some refreshing views of mother nature. 

THE ADDRESS: Lower Mesa Falls Targhee National Forest, Idaho follow the road from downtime Ashton, ID and follow it up to the mountain.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rexburg City Guide.
Blog design by Labina | Header ilustration by Freepik.